Homemade Vegetable Wash/Preserver That Works! (Spray or Soak)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- For the spray; put all ingredients into a spray bottle (be careful as it will foam up) shake gently to mix, then spray on veggies or fruit allow to sit for about 2-5 minutes then rinse under cold water.
- For soak; fill a clean sink or a large basin with cold water; add in vinegar and salt, then swish around with hands (you may also do this in a large bowl).
- Place the fruit and/or veggies in and allow to sit for 25-30 minutes although I have even left soaking for over an hour (this will not affect the flavor at all, the vinegar cleans and the salt draws out any little bugs, dirt and other small unwanted things, it also will remove some of the wax.
- Rinse under cold water and dry.
Today's recipe is shared from the following website: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/homemade-vegetable-wash-preserver-that-works-spray-or-soak-300387