Today's recipe is shared from The New Natural Healing Cookbook by Bessie Jo Tillman, M.D.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (or 3/4 cup brown rice and 1/4 cup wild rice)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- freshly ground pepper to tasted
- Rinse brown rice and drain well. Heat oil in a pot (or electric skillet) and stir-coo brown rice and garlic over medium-high heat until rice looks transparent. Carefully stir in boiling water and seasonings. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove the lid to allow the steam to escape. After a few minutes, stir lightly with a fork to separate the grains.