This is such a fun recipe discovery! We got a sample of this dish at Costco…it is a yummy substitute for mild chili (you could spice it up) and a fun convenience food the way it is sold at Costco but here’s an easy recipe for a quick, inexpensive and delish go to meal for a busy night!
- 1/2 lb dried lentils
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 15 oz can small red kidney beans
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT HEAVY CREAM in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Using an immersion blender (or a blender or food processor in batches), puree until to desired thickness.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alone or over rice, and top with cheese and/or sour cream.
- Recipe is shared from the following website: http://funnyisfamily.com/2017/02/crock-pot-madras-lentils.html