Walnut Salad with Bleu Cheese and Balsamic Vinagrette
- 2 cups arugula leaves, washed and trimmed (You can also use spinach or just romaine lettuce)
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 6 ounces, (1 cup) blue cheese crumbles ( Feta cheese can be successfully substituted)
- Chill salad plates when you begin preparing your entree.
- When your entree is almost ready to serve, combine arugula and romaine leaves and separate onto 4 chilled salad plates. Scatter toasted walnuts evenly among the salads. Pour vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream to combine dressing. Season dressing with salt and pepper, then stir in blue cheese crumbles. Ladle dressing evenly over top of salad plates and serve.
- This recipe has been a family favorite!
- We have shared this recipe from the following website: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/arugula-and-romaine-salad-with-walnuts-and-blue-cheese-vinaigrette-recipe-1941403