Turkey Chow Mein
- 3 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3 green onions, sliced (white part only)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 thin slices ginger root ( or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium-sized head of cabbage, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mung bean sprouts (or other variety)
- green onion tops to garnish
- Whisk together the seasoning ingredients (Liquid aminos through the sesame oil); set aside. Prepare the vegetables.
- In a heated wok or skillet, stir-cook the turkey until it turns white. Add the green and yellow onions and stir-cook for 1 minute. Add ginger root, carrots, cabbage, and celery, stir-cooking a little after each addition. When vegetables are crisp-tender, add seasoning and bean sprouts; stir-cook for 1 minute. Garnish with chopped green onion tops and serve over brown rice.
This recipe is shared from The New Natural Healing Cookbook by Bessie Jo Tillman, M.D.